What do you do when you can't deliver in-person live training (ILT)? Do you simply move that event to virtual in-person live training (VILT)? Are there other ways you can handle the delivery, such as:
Other things you might need to consider include:
- Video - will my presentation need to be delivered multiple times? If so, can I just record a session and allow for playback.
- Asynchronous course - Can I convert my presentation to an asynchronous course?
- Where can I host my video or course?
- What software can I use to make that conversion?
- Is interaction with my audience key?
- Will participants need to break out intro groups?
- And others...
Design is key to ensuring conversion from ILT to VILT or other means of delivery is successful. And, you don't need expensive software to do it. But, there are some things you must consider to effectively engage your audience. Join us as Mike Frederick leads a discussion on ways to convert ILT to other means of delivery. Mike has worked as an Instructional Designer for over 20 years. He will share some tips for making your conversions successful as well as demonstrate how to make readily-available software, like PowerPoint and Audacity, work for you.
VP of Marketing and Technology - ATDNOLA
Senior Instructional Designer - Farmers Insurance Company
Mike is a Senior Instructional Designer for the University of Farmers®, Claims (Farmers® Insurance Company). Mike has worked from his home in Mandeville, LA for over 20 years. It’s his normal way of working. Mike also has managed virtual teams, consisting of people from various parts of our great country.
Mike is a high extrovert, who loves interacting with people. So, he’s had to overcome struggles with isolation, motivation and working effectively while not being seen or heard – all while raising a child. Mike is a married father of two lovely adult daughters and "Big Daddy" to three awesome grandsons! Click here to join us on Zoom.
Or, copy and past this URL into your web browser at the time of the meeting: https://zoom.us/j/91780704468
ATD_NOLA - Training During Covid-19 Series Webcast Information
Time: Every Thursday, from Apr 23, 2020 through May 14, 2020
Noon – 1:00 PM (Central - US and Canada)
- Don't Panic - Overcoming Pandemic Fear - Apr 23, 2020 12:00 PM
- Working From Home - Apr 30, 2020 12:00 PM
- Designing For Virtual Training: Converting ILT to VILT - May 7, 2020 12:00 PM
- Engaging Your Virtual/Remote Workforce - May 14, 2020 12:00 PM
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
iCalendar series URL: https://zoom.us/meeting/tJUqf-mvrj8uHNzqxlEto4BonttWsUgvuEdB/ics?icsToken=98tyKuCpqTMqHdSRtB-PRowcB4qgc-3ziClbgo1HjQfpJjRcNiH5OPZWBaFKF87F
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 917 8070 4468
Dial In Numbers (One tap mobile)
+13126266799,,91780704468# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,91780704468# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 917 8070 4468
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aiasEB7lm
ATD Capability Model
Capabilities to be addressed in this webcast:
- Lifelong Learning
- Collaboration and Leadership
- Cultural Awareness and Inclusion
- Instructional Design